Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Be Inspired Again

As mentioned earlier I am a proud subscriber to to Entrepreneur Magazine. One of the main reasons I enjoy it is because of the inspirational articles and quotes I pick up from others who have been exactly where I am right now or where I hope to be in the near future. It's easy to get bogged down with the ideas that fail to translate into anything substantial or to start listening to the many many people who are there to laugh and put plans down. Entrepreneur mag can help muscle through these low times.

My last post, of course, was titled "Be Inspired" mainly because I was looking for inspiration my self. Little did I know Entrepreneur's Editorial Director Rieva Lesonsky would title her editor's note the exact same thing. (No I had not seen that magazine before my post). Rieva's inspiration came in the form of quotes collected by magazine readers. Below are a few that I found interesting:

"Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't." - A student in an entrepreneurship class

"I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying!" -Tom Hopkins

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"A leader must accomplish the difficult task of getting those on the team to believe that 'we' supersedes 'me.'" - John Wooden

"Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them." - Constance Newman

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a know and hang on." - Ben Franklin

"Illegitimis non carborundum. That's Latin for: Don't let the bastards grind you down."


I am always in search of great quotes. If you have any, please share them.

1 comment:

Hitman said...

"My experience has shown me that the people who are exceptionally good in business aren't so because of what they know but because of their insatiable need to know more." Michael Gerber