Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blog Dump

I'm back! Finals are over. I've started another class. Only 3 more to go!

I need to get a few things out there (out here) before they become insignificant or I just forget about them.

Stories that sell...really?

We love our NFL horror stories and high profile players in trouble, but won't good stories about these athletes sell as well? Perhaps, I've just not paid close enough attention. BUT, I didn't need to pay much attention at all to hear about Adam "Pacman" Jones with strippers or Michael Vick with dogs. I had to look to the back page of SI to find an incredible story about Jason Simmons and Ahman Green,both of the Houston Texans. See, Ahman was recently acquired by the Texans and Simmons owned Green's lucky jersey number 30. Typically, a player will come in and offer money or presents to get the number. In this case, Simmons named a different sort of price. Ahman is to make a down payment on a house for a disadvantaged single parent. My opinion, AWESOME! To make the story even better, Green offered to pay the mortgage for the 1st year.

Why can't we hear about these stories more often? Oh, and if you try to search for the story you won't see ESPN or any of the other major sports outlets come up. Nope. You get the info from Deadspin.com. At least someone on the web is representing the up lifting stories. I did finally find the story at ESPN though. I just don't know why it didn't make as much noise as the $81,000 that showered the performing artists in Vegas.


Is an MBA really worth it?

Just a question I often ask myself in the middle of each semester. I know it won't pay off directly at work in terms of a paycheck, but I guess the point of continued education is to get more out of it than external rewards. What do you think?




Is Amy Winehouse HOT or NOT?


Thanks to a true friend, I've ended the poll and no longer look like an idiot. RESULTS are final. NOT HOT and definitely British!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No news is good news...or is it good news is no news?

MBA is worth it. If for nothing else, to learn from different segments of business and society in your classes. Even if they are dumb people, you'll learn something.

She looks like a cross between Pink and horse.

Kristi said...

I think the MBA is worth it. I agree with Kyle, and if nothing else, you'll probably feel more confidence in yourself knowing that you are working toward bettering yourself. I know that I feel more like a professional since finishing my master's.

And as far as Amy Winehouse, follow this link and you will know.
http://www.dlisted.com/node/9758

AC said...

I'm speechless. Disgusting!

Poll closed. I'm going to delete the question all together.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I was right at something!!

Jeen Yes said...

MBA is definitely worth it...which is why i'll be starting mine in due time. as for you, it may not pay off directly at this job (outside the ability to think a little differently than you do currently), but who's to say you won't change jobs or industries in the coming years?

the more you know....

Unknown said...

More education is always worth it! Unless by more you mean taking 8 to 10 years to finish under grad, then maybe not worth it.

I'm glad you mentioned that story about the Ahman Green and the jersey. I read that story in SI and thought it was the best thing I had read about in years.