Saturday, June 30, 2007

Spring Project: Conclusion

I haven't been actively updating this blog with the results from the summer project mainly because I keep the details on AC Fit Log but I thought I'd comment on the project and what's happening next.

Today we finished the Spring Project. If you're looking for a great program to cut fat then this is the one to try. I have to warn you it's fairly intense and a lot of the exercises are on the advanced side. Either train with someone familiar with the exercises or study them and take the time to learn the movements with very light weight before you get into the program.

The last week was, in my opinion, very difficult. It's been a long time since I've seriously felt like puking. This morning I was dangerously close...so close I had to lean out of the car at a red light. False alarm though.

So, now we're on to the next program. I've designed this program with the help of a premier strength/fitness instructor, Alwyn Cosgrove. I've combined his complexes and prescribed undulating periodization rep/set parameters to a set of exercises I've compiled for a 4 day split.

The details are already up at AC Fit Log. Check it out and as always feel free to follow my progress through out the program, offer words of encouragement, ask questions. . .or anything else you want to add.

3 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

i incorporated the javorek complex for shoulders into my workout a month ago and it's singularly the most painful (good kind), yet time-saving exercise i have. i may have to look into this program...if my ankle ever heals (article says not to try it if you're coming back from injury).

you and kbob gonna put up before and after pics? haha.

AC said...

ahhh yes. The question of before/after pics. I have never been big on pictures of myself in any situation so I doubt I'll be interested in taking pictures of myself with the sole purpose of being critiqued.

I'm interested in reading more about the Javorek complex if you have an article or link to one.

Jeen Yes said...

haven't found a decent article yet (though here's a link to the men's health article of the dumbbell version, but it breaks out like this:

check out the video at the bottom
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=muscle.building&topic=arms&conitem=2260f146989d9010VgnVCM100000cfe793cd____

-forward arm raise (palms parallel to the floor) x 6
-move directly into standing scaption (palms face each other at 45 degrees from center) x6
-move into side arm raises, palms facing the floor x6
-bend at the waist for rear deltoid extensions x6
-stand straight up, standing vertical row (pulling weight toward your chin) x6
-end with overhead dumbbell press x6.

that's one set. do 2-3 sets. rather than increasing weight, i've chosen to add reps and a set, and then follow this complex up with the standard shoulder exercises. feel free to personalize as you wish (i added 2 moves to it)

since is started doing this, i've added about 20 lbs to my overhead shoulder press. word of caution: you WILL feel the burn. oh yea!