Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer & Blogging

I'm finally back to a computer with a little time to put some thoughts on the web log.

July is one of my favorite months of the year for a couple reasons. 1) Summer is my favorite season. You’ll probably never hear me complain about it being too hot. I’d rather it be hot than cold. 2) I spend most of the weekends in July “up north”. This term “up north” is relative, I know. My first year in college I had a roommate who went “up north” to a town about 25 miles SOUTH of where I grew up. Specifically, my “up north” is Mio, MI where my family has had a cabin long before I was born, located about 1.5 miles off the Au Sable River. I’ve been going up there since I was born and will probably continue to do so until I die. My dad and I have both spent our summers there and I imagine my kids will as well.

This year is a little different though. I’ll also be visiting Houghton Lake and a little town I don’t know the name of near Traverse City. Those vacation destinations mixed into 4 weekends in Mio make for a full and enjoyable summer. I guess what I’m really getting at is don’t expect a regularly updated blog around the weekends for about a month.


Mio, MI. See it way up there? Click the image then.

OTHER INTERESTING NEWS:


Along with going to school, working, Tigers' games and vacationing; TJ and I are working on something that should end up being pretty cool. (At least we think so). BUT that's all you get for a teaser at this point. Stay tuned for more in the next couple weeks.

11 comments:

TJ said...

What are we working on?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what are you working on?

Anonymous said...

Saw your blog and wondered if you also wanted to show off some of what you are looking forward too in Traverse City, MI ... If so, here's a link to the TC section of DestinationNorthernMichigan.com, http://www.destinationnorthernmichigan-digital.com/destinationnorthernmichigan/guidebook2007/?folio=gtcover
I look forward to your report on what you did.

Rachel North
Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine

jacy said...

He is working on "something that should end up being pretty cool". KBob, can't you read? =)

Anonymous said...

I need elaboration, Jacy. Ambiguity is not my thing.

jacy said...

But ambiguity was the point. This is called a hook. (AC referred to it as a teaser.) We teach first and second graders to include hooks in their writing to press readers to continue.

AC said...

Rachel,

Thanks for the information. We'll actually be camping in Thompsonville and kayaking the Betsie River.

I'll be sure to write about our experience.

AC said...

Jacy,

Thanks for explaining the "teaser" concept to kbob. He'll just have to wait with the rest of you for the details.

I actually just recruited another contributer to help with the new project.

His expertise is Historical Preservation. Hooked yet?

Tom said...

He is right about the expert part! I will be signing autographs all afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I already have "insider" information...I was just lookin' out for the people. I appreciate being the subject of "hey, look at the dumb ass" though. Thanks. :-p

AC said...

The people appreciate your vigilance.

Don't be so sensitive. Be content with knowing you're in the know.