Wednesday, June 13, 2007

NO-NO. Oh YES!

I can't allow this special event in Detroit sports history to go by without a comment. By now, unless you live under a rock (far far from The D), you've heard about Justin Verlander's no-hitter against the Brewers Tuesday night. Personally, I missed all but the 8th and 9th innings but that was all I needed. The electricity and excitement of Comerica seemed to travel the air-waves and directly into me as I drove home from class. It was a special night for Justin, the Tigers organization and the fans.

I doubt I can put into words just how important/special this no-hitter is. Experience, for yourself, the last 3 outs again or for the first time (notice the fans' excitement and support):


While we're on the subject of The Tigers. Has anyone noticed Magglio Ordonez? Evidently, the all-star voters haven't. Mags could end up being this year's American League MVP and he's not even in the top 3 vote getters for the outfield as of the writing of this post. I'm begging you, my 5 loyal readers, to use your max votes to give Magglio his due respect. VOTE HERE!

As of the writing of this post, Pudge is starting at catcher, Polly is the starting 2-bagger, Carlos Guillen is 2nd to Derek Jeter at short stop and Brandon Inge is 3rd in voting at the corner with Casey 4th at the other corner. See...your votes do count. Now get voting so we can see a starting Tiger line-up in the all-star game.
[voting source: CBS Sportsline]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've watched the video where they show all 27 outs about three times. If you watch some of the cell phone videos on YouTube, the excitement reminds me of the ALCS. Good to have that in the middle of the season. Now if they would just do me a huge favor and get rid of Rodney, we'd all be happy...yes, I just got done watching him blow a lead in the 8th.

Jeen Yes said...

on behalf of cub nation, thank you JV for a stellar performance against the beer makers of milwaukee. i have the extra innings package, so i got to watch most of it. i love seeing no hitters, especially when it's against a team in our division.

ps. i'm still STUNNED that neifi perez hasn't single handedly derailed the tigers' season like he did for the cubs.