Thursday, May 31, 2007

CRASH. MTB season OPEN.

As many of you know I am a big fan of mountain biking. Last night was the first ride of the season. I mean to say it was the first 1/2 ride of the season. Munson trail is not the most technical and doesn't have any climbs, but what it does have is MUD and lots of it. If you've ever ridden with me or heard stories then you already know about my riding record. I don't consider myself a bad rider at all...I just seem to crash at least once every time I ride. I swear it was the mud and my xtreme riding style that made me crash last night.

Last night's crash finally broke the Mongoose I've been riding since about 2003. I guess that's pretty good considering the amount of abuse it's taken the last few summers. Now I have to decide between Gary Fisher and Specialized. I've been eying these bikes for a couple years now and still have no idea which to go with. I guess I'll just have to ride and then decide.

Oh...someone tried to imitate my ride from last night.



I'm open to any mtb suggestions & arguments for either bike brand or any others.

6 comments:

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AC said...

Hey!! We had the same bike. I think yours was just a year newer than mine. It is a piece but it served it's purpose for a long time considering the money spent on it.

Jeen Yes said...

look into the tassajara (fisher) and maybe a stumpjumper...or rockhopper (specialized). i think you'll get more value out of the fisher--better components for a cheaper price. i also doubt you'll like the fit of the specialized...but i could be wrong.

i, of course, went completely the opposite direction and got a bianchi king bee, which fits like a glove. it's also got a cool factor, cuz no one else has one.

come to think of it, one of the best value bikes, which is also one of the most durable with great components, is the gt avalanche 1.0. it's SWEET bike. check it out.

Anonymous said...

Sucks about your bike but think of it like a new beginning. I'm not a fan of Gary Fischer. Specialized is sweet but is expensive. Before you buy, check out a Jamis. I have dakar xc comp and I love it.

I've ridden Munson so many times. Backwards,daytime and at night. It isn't difficult but teaches more tight technical turns. The back portion was my favorite but you are right, it is muddy in the spring early summer.

Doing my first race in the UP. chaindriver.org. let me know what you choose as I might be in the market for a hardtail soon.

AC said...

Carter - Thanks for the info. I already bought the Specialized. Hopefully I made a solid decision. I'll know after a couple crashes.