Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spring project

With summer around the corner it’s time to put away the mass building workout program and diet (read: get off my ass and stop eating junk) and start a routine that will melt away the winter blubber. Kbob and I have been going through the motions the past few months with a great training routine (OVT) created by one of the industry’s leading coaches, Christian Thibaudeau. On this program, Kbob has seen good gains in terms of increased strength as well as fat loss. To no fault of the program, I have not experienced the same results. I attribute the difference to Kbob’s dedication to a decent diet and my lack of training intensity in the gym. Anyone who’s trained with me knows I typically keep the intensity high throughout the session with little to no talking while paying close attention rest intervals. That has not been true of my time in the gym as of late.

I’ve decided it’s time to stop the BS, buckle-down and return to my old ways with a real diet plan and a new program that would strip the fat off even the most “genetically challenged” tubby bastard. (Another day we’ll get into the difference between truly genetically challenged and just plain ol’ laziness) The new program was designed by Chad Waterbury, professional trainer, author of Muscle Revolution and frequent contributor to a number of magazines and e-zines. Follow link to program details.

A couple times per week I will log our experience and results with the program for the next 8 weeks. Ideally we’d have body fat measurements taken but for now we’ll just post our thoughts, observations and perhaps tape and weight measurements. We started yesterday so look for comments on the program soon.

1 comment:

Kbob said...

Um...it's hard. That's all I know for now. I'm looking forward to really diving into it. I'm running a 5K in June and this will prepare me.

One note: Don't use a treadmill for walk/sprint high intensity interval training. At least not the one I used.