Thursday, May 31, 2007

Detroit Mayor a Lebron Lover

Just when I thought “The Hip-Hop Mayor” Kwame couldn’t be any more disappointing to me than he already is, and believe me, he’s about as disappointing as it gets even for a politician. I’ll spare you the list of reasons to dislike Kwame as Detroit’s mayor. Today I have a completely new reason to abhor him. Kilpatrick was in Cleveland NOT as a Piston fan, but backing the Cavs. As reported by The freep:

Judging from the smile and congratulatory hug Kilpatrick gave Cleveland forward LeBron James after Game 4, you might think he’s backing the enemy.

Of course the mayor’s spin-doctors are spinning a tale of Kwame’s friendship with James. Honestly, I don’t care if they’re twin brothers. This is not a time to party with the opposing team in their city. He should also understand that these games have been painful to watch and this is salt in the wounds of defeat. He was an athlete and should know better…

I hope the voters of Detroit remember this on election-day.

2 comments:

Kbob said...

If they didn't remember the city's debt, the "Navigator" incident, the entourage that isn't nearly as fun at Turtle and Johnny Drama, the empty promises, the DPS closings, the cutting of police and fire, the debates, the strippers and drugs and cover ups in DC, etc, etc...they won't remember this. Mayor Numb Nuts will be back. I promise. And he'll root for whoever gets him on camera. I'm shocked he doesn't have a rap video yet. We can call him "K-Pat".

AC said...

You're right. Besides, "remembering" is not possible for all the dead voters who participated in the last two mayoral elections.

Is anyone checking voter registration anymore?