Friday, May 4, 2007

Steal of the draft.



Lions selecting Stanton in the 2nd rd left me feeling completely deflated after they surprisingly did the right thing by drafting Calvin Johnson rather than Gaines Adams with the 2nd selection. My first thought was, “They’re going to ruin him.”

Allow me to explain. I believe Stanton can be an incredible NFL quarterback with the proper coaching and, of course, work ethic. The professionals are saying he’s an all or nothing type of player. I’d like to think Drew can be the first QB embraced by The D given a couple years to perfect his skill. I just don’t know that the Lions can do it properly. Visions of Joey running for his life flash before my eyes.

Only time will tell, but I’m confident Drew will be a huge success…at the very least he’ll be better than that pretty-boy punk Cleveland just drafted.

For more on the subject check out T.Fos in Terry’s Town.

1 comment:

Paul Michael Peters said...

Worried the Cry’n Lions might break him rather than break him in? We will have to keep an eye on him this season.