Friday, May 18, 2007

Explosions. Violence. Megan Fox. July 4th.


Forget about Spider-man, Jack Sparrow, and even Shrek. My early vote for 2007 summer hero goes to Autobot leader Optimus Prime in Transformers.

These shape-shifting aliens from my childhood will be hitting theaters July 4th. The special effects and action should be all the fireworks one needs to celebrate Independence Day. Speaking of…the trailer does remind me of Independence Day. I hope it’s nothing like it though. I had a roommate in college that sat in the room and replayed that movie over and over and over. JB Jabber knows what I’m talking about.

The action should be great. I doubt the plot will be very engaging but with all the special effects I’m sure I won’t care too much. I’d be remiss to not mention Megan Fox. There I’ve mentioned her and she’s hot, especially standing next to the Pontiac Solstice. Other talent includes Rachael Taylor, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, John Turturro and more.

The latest trailer is below for your enjoyment. [Source: michaelbay.com]





Interesting Facts:

- "Optimus Prime" means "the First and Greatest," and also roughly translates as "good leader".

- Megatron refers to megatons, which is related nuclear bombs.

- Barricade's side reads; "To punish and enslave" rather than "To protect and serve".

- Bumblebee's classic alternate mode was a Volkswagen Beetle, but this was changed to a Camaro.

7 comments:

TJ said...

Third Grade called they want their movie back.

AC said...

Thanks. Great conversation.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry AC, TJ will be there rubbing himself while quoting old Optimus Prime lines like "Autobots, Roll Out!". Don't let him fool you.

I've been looking forward to this movie ever since OP said "Damn" in the original cartoon version of the movie. That was so cool. (Just ask H. Wood, it's one of his favorite stories)

I just thought of something...TJ probably won't see it...The Notebook and The Lakehouse are probably on his list that night.

TJ said...

I don't even know what The Lakehouse is. And the Notebook is an OK movie. Last time I looked I didn't see the guy turn into a semi truck.

Anonymous said...

Um, they don't turn...they transform. It's the name of the movie, numb nut.

This blogging thing is fun...

Anonymous said...

The movie isn't a cartoon, jack ass.

But yes, I'm almost 30 and still watch cartoons. Beats the hell out of Grey's Anatomy or American Idol.

Jeen Yes said...

i'm beyond stoked about this movie. so ef tj with a pole. as for the "talent" listed, i think josh duhamel should be removed from the list. and probably tyrese too. they're both talentless hacks. but, like you said, i doubt i'll care all that much once the transforming begins.